Does your team need training on DNS/BIND, DHCP, or Kea?
ISC support customers are eligible for discounted or free training.
ISC can arrange a private training at your site with an ISC trainer. This is an efficient solution if you have a team of people who need hands-on training. Our consultants are experienced system administrators who have conducted many BIND and DHCP training sessions.
ISC’s training partner, Men & Mice, conducts public courses in both DNS/BIND and DHCP/Kea at different major cities in the US and Europe. This is a more efficient solution if you only need to train one or two people at a time.
The courses, originally jointly developed by Men & Mice and ISC, are hands-on and have been highly reviewed by past students. Participants came from ccTLDs, from national governments, from major enterprises, and from smaller institutions.
To see the full schedule of public courses and to register, visit the Men and Mice website.
Is your DNS implementation consistent with best practices?
Find out with a DNS audit from ISC.
- Have you recently inherited the system you have today?
- Are you considering transitioning to a cloud provider?
- Are you concerned that attacks on your DNS could make your sites unreachable?
It is not unusual to neglect the DNS until something goes wrong. If you haven’t done a review recently, a confidential independent audit could uncover gaps that have gone unnoticed.
We offer two review options.
- The Configuration Audit is a meeting, at your location or via web conference, to review your current running system and DNS configuration and discuss options with other relevant network teams in your organization.
A Configuration Audit can help you coordinate appropriate support across your organization, including:
- Technology Planners
- IS Strategy/Architects
- Network Operations
- Network Support/Engineering
- Project Management
For more background on what might happen during a configuration audit, watch the video on YouTube, BIND Best Practices from Day One.
- The Configuration Review is a review of selected configuration files, performed by our technical support team.
We start with an exchange with the administrator, to see if there are particular areas of concern, and then agree on what files or documents will be shared and reviewed.
The Configuration Review is available to new support subscribers at no charge, upon request.
|Service||Configuration Audit||Configuration Review|
|Location||On-site, your premises||Remote, our premises|
|Report||Written report, with video conference to review and discuss findings||Written report, delivered via support ticket or email|
|Time commitment||8 hours on-site or via web, plus analysis and report writing, plus one readout meeting||Up to 8 hours of engineer review time|
Following either assessment (the Review or the Audit), we will provide you with a written report, to include:
- Executive summary, including our overall assessment of the current health of the system
- Observations (positive results)
- Recommendations (opportunities for improvement)
- Further considerations (suggestions for planning, potential longer-term actions)
- List of the records and data reviewed